Your best defense against colds, flus,
coughs and seasonal allergies.
What causes a cough?
Cough can be caused by a variety of sources but is typically associated with inflammation. What varies between different types of cough is the source of inflammation and the amount of mucus production. The cause of inflammation begins with histamines, molecules associated with the immune system that trigger inflammation. Once inflammation beings to occur, mucus production also skyrockets. In the case of a wet cough, your body will then try to expel the excess mucus by coughing. Dry coughs only occur when mucus production is minimal.
Breakthrough antibody ingredients
reduce the severity and duration of symptoms.
One of Brillia Health’s active ingredients is an antibody targeting the exact culprit of inflammation — histamines, registered with the FDA as Lapine Histamine Immune Globulin.
Robitussin Cough Relief
Synthetic chemicals dextromethorphan and guaifenesin
How It Works
- Dextromethorphan crosses the blood-brain barrier, activating sigma opioid receptors in the cough center of the brain and suppressing the cough reflex
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant that thins mucus within the lungs, increasing the productivity of coughs
- Vomiting, upset stomach, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, facial flushing
- Not recommended for those who struggle with high blood pressure, arterial disease or enlarged prostates
- Robitussin is not safe for children under the age of 12
Chestal Honey by Boiron
Made with Acacia honey in a blend of many homeopathic medicines
How It Works
Acacia honey acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, thins mucus and reduces frequency of cough
- Honey allergy response
- Acacia honey is not safe for infants. Honey is known to contain various bacterial strains that can cause infant botulism