Your best defense against colds, flus,
coughs and seasonal allergies.
What causes throat pain?
Throat pain is the result of neurotransmitters released from the site of pain traveling to your brain, where they are processed and result in the perception of pain. Certain receptors, called nociceptors are responsible for the release of these neurotransmitters and perception of pain. Throat pain is most typically associated with or possibly caused by a dry or wet cough but can also occur following prolonged periods of using your voice or dehydration.
Breakthrough antibody ingredients
reduce the severity and duration of symptoms.
One of Brillia Health’s active ingredients is an antibody targeting the exact culprit of inflammation — histamines, registered with the FDA as Lapine Histamine Immune Globulin.
Halls Relief Cough Drops
Menthol COMMA an organic compound made synthetically or obtained from the oils of corn mint, peppermint, or other mints
How It Works
Menthol results in a cooling feeling in the throat, while also stimulating saliva production
- Acid reflux with potential damage to the esophagus
- Chock-full of artificial color and sweeteners
- Not recommended for those that struggle with acid reflux
Throatcalm by Boiron
Arnica (a genus of perennial, herbaceous plants in the sunflower family) contains Helenalin, a toxic chemical compound
How It Works
Arnica has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Helenalin is assumed to prevent inflammation, thereby reducing pain
- Arnica is considered poisonous in high doses, can cause irritation of the mouth and throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Not recommended for those with high blood pressure
- Given the lack of evidence about its safety, Arnica is not recommended for children