When you’re battling a cold or flu, it may seem tempting to reach for an over-the-counter medication that promises to make life easier. Theraflu is one of the most popular combination medicines used to treat common cold and flu symptoms, such as fever, body aches, cough, sore throat, and nasal congestion. But what is Theraflu made of? How does it achieve its results? Explore what Theraflu is and how it compares to other non-prescription medications like Brillia Health products.Powered by antibody science, Brillia Health products work with your body to address the root cause of symptoms without impacting any other systems in the body. For a gentler and more effective option than traditional OTC medications for cold, flu, and cough, explore Brillia Health products today. Find out more about how Brillia Health works. Erica Garza is an author and essayist from Los Angeles. She holds an MFA from Columbia University and a certificate in Narrative Therapy. Her writing has appeared in TIME, Health, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Women's Health, and VICE.
What Is Theraflu?Theraflu is a combination medicine used to temporarily treat symptoms associated with colds, flus, and allergies, such as fever, headache, body aches, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, and sinus pressure. The medication may consist of a powder that is mixed with hot water, a syrup, or caplets.
Theraflu IngredientsAcross their various products, the active ingredients contained in Theraflu include the following synthetic chemicals:1
- Acetaminophen, a pain reliever/fever reducer
- Dextromethorphan, a cough suppressant
- Guaifenesin, an expectorant
- Phenylephrine HCI, a nasal decongestant
- Diphenhydramine HCl, an antihistamine/cough suppressant
- Pheniramine maleate, an antihistamine
How to Take Theraflu, Dosage, & Side EffectsTheraflu does not recommend their products for children under the age of 12. For those interested in taking this product, they should adhere to the recommended dosage indicated on each label. Side effects that may occur include:
- Liver damage, when recommended dosage is exceeded2
- Skin reactions indicating an allergy3
- Blurred vision
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Impaired blood glucose monitoring in users with diabetes6
The Brillia Health StoryBrillia Health provides safer and more targeted results for common illnesses like flus, coughs, and colds. Our homeopathic formulations use groundbreaking antibody science to help our bodies reduce the symptoms that are produced without harsh chemicals or harmful side effects. The added bonus is that Brillia Health products have also been clinically proven to shorten the duration of your illness—a benefit not offered by most other medications in the drugstore aisle.
Stay prepared with healthier
medicine for a faster recovery.
SHOP BRILLIA HEALTH
medicine for a faster recovery.
SHOP BRILLIA HEALTH
How Brillia Health WorksUnlike most over-the-counter cold and flu medications that merely mask your illness, Brillia Health products address the root cause of symptoms gently and effectively by helping your body heal itself, for faster, more effective relief without drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, insomnia, or any other undesirable side effects. Because of the safety profile behind Brillia Health products, no prescription is necessary and the medication is also approved for children. (Cold-Flu Recovery is approved for anyone over age one, while Cough Control is recommended for anyone over age three.)
Brillia Health IngredientsBrillia Health offers two innovative homeopathic formulations with targeted antibody ingredients that address the specific source of each symptom with safe and impactful results. These antibodies bind to molecules in the body that initiate the symptoms that need to be controlled and prevent them from doing so, thereby minimizing symptoms altogether instead of just masking them as most other medications do. The ingredients in Cough Control are:
- Lapine Histamine immune globulin: This antibody targets histamines and blocks them from producing symptoms like sore throat, wet cough, and fluid buildup in lungs.
- Lapine Bradykinin immune globulin: This antibody binds to bradykinin to reduce the coughing reflex.
- Lapine Morphine immune globulin: This antibody is not to be confused with the narcotic morphine. It functions by blocking pain signals to the brain and reducing the overall stress that coughing places on the body.
- Lapine Histamine immune globulin: Like Cough Control, the Cold-Flu Recovery formulation also uses this antibody to histamine to reduce congestion and sore, itchy throat.
- Lapine CD4 immune globulin: This antibody targets immune cells, helping them to fight off viral infections faster and more efficiently.
- Lapine interferon gamma immune globulin: This antibody also targets immune cells, not just strengthening the ones fighting off the infection, but also recruiting more immune cells to shorten the duration of illness more aggressively.
Sign up now for a healthier inbox.
Enjoy 10% off your first purchase. We take your privacy seriously.