“Supplements like vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc can help boost the immune system and reduce the ability of viruses to multiply”
Preventing COVID-19The CDC has outlined a number of steps you can take to help prevent contracting COVID-19 and/or spreading it to others:2
- Get vaccinated: COVID-19 vaccination helps protect you by producing an antibody response without you having to experience sickness.3
- Wear a face mask: Wearing a mask can help prevent germs that come from another person’s respiratory droplets from getting into your nose and mouth. And if you are infected, a mask is also a good way to keep your respiratory droplets and particles from infecting others.
- Practice social distancing: The CDC recommends staying six feet away from others and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated places.
- Get tested: If you are suffering from a fever, cough, fatigue, or other common symptoms associated with COVID-19, it is recommended that you get tested so you do not unknowingly pass the illness on to others.4 Keep in mind that around 35 percent of COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic according to some studies.5 It’s also important to note that a test can show a negative result for several days after exposure and before symptoms occur. Do not just rely on a negative test result if you suspect you’ve been exposed.
- Wash your hands frequently: Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is another way to prevent COVID-19, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect: High-touch surfaces like tabletops and doorknobs should be cleaned regularly, especially if you have had visitors in your home.
Can over-the-counter medications help with symptoms of COVID-19?There are some over-the-counter medications that may reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms, but many of these common drugs come with undesirable side effects and risks. These drugs include:
A better recovery: How Jaclyn’s little girl bounced back in record time.
Hacking? Rumbling? How to recognize the different types of coughs.
And, honestly, I feel so much better... Morgan's Review
- Acetaminophen: While acetaminophen can bring down a fever and help manage body aches, experts say that it’s usually not necessary to lower a fever as an elevated temperature is meant to help your body fight off the virus.7 Even more acetaminophen use has been associated with nausea, constipation, vomiting, and liver toxicity.
- Ibuprofen: NSAIDs like ibuprofen can also lower a fever and ease body aches, but this commonly-used OTC drug can cause headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, numbness, blurred vision, and eye irritation. Also, regular or long-term use may cause kidney and liver damage and internal bleeding.
- Naproxen: This NSAID can lower fever as well as inflammation and body aches, but some side effects include confusion, headaches, changes in vision, drowsiness, and dizziness.
- Robitussin Cough Relief: One of the most commons symptoms of COVID-19 is a cough and a medication like Robitussin Cough Relief can suppress the cough reflex and thin mucus in the lungs, but this medication can induce vomiting, cause an upset stomach, make you drowsy, and cause a headache. This drug is also not recommended for those who struggle with high blood pressure or arterial disease.
- DayQuil/NyQuil; Theraflu: Common cold/flu medications like DayQuil, NyQuil, and Theraflu may reduce coughing and inflammation, but common side effects of these drugs include insomnia, dizziness, upset stomach, nausea, constipation, and dry mouth.
Covid-19 Symptoms Brillia Health Can EaseBrillia Health’s Cold-Flu Recovery and Cough Control can also help ease symptoms of COVID-19, but these medications are not associated with any harmful side effects like those listed above. The active ingredients in Brillia Health’s products consist of antibodies to the specific proteins your body releases when you become sick with a cold, flu or an illness like COVID-19. In lieu of synthetic chemicals, these antibodies are highly specific molecules that attach to these proteins and effectively stop the symptoms at their source. Find out how each formulation helps to ease COVID-19 symptoms below. The active ingredients in Cold-Flu Recovery may help to reduce sore throat, congestion, and illness duration with the following ingredients:
- Lapine Histamine immune globulin: This antibody targets congestion, sore, itchy throat, runny nose, and fluid buildup by binding the histamine protein.
- Lapine CD4 immune globulin: This antibody strengthens your immune cells so you can fight off viral infections more effectively.
- Lapine interferon gamma immune globulin: This antibody recruits more immune cells to shorten the duration of illness.
- Lapine Histamine immune globulin: Similar to our Cold-Flu Recovery product, Cough Control contains an antibody that can reduce congestion, inflammation, and fluid buildup.
- Lapine Bradykinin immune globulin: This antibody is an antitussive, which means it helps to prevent the coughing reflex, reduce coughs (dry and wet), and minimize the stress that coughing can put on the body.
- Lapine Morphine immune globulin: Not to be confused with the powerful narcotic morphine, this antibody prevents pain signals from reaching the brain to help reduce a sore throat.
Brillia Health Newsletter:
Get a whole bunch of wellness
right in your inbox.
Get a whole bunch of wellness
right in your inbox.